13 February 2009

I love Animal Collective, but...

'Merriweather Post Pavilion' isn't THAT good. I mean, it's good, but c'mon Pitchfork - a 9.6? My Girls is painfully catchy (in an oh-so-good way) and from start to finish that album is solid. In my opinion 'Feels' is a much better record and the songs stand out so much more on their own. 'MPP' seems to blandly blend together and half-way through I seem to lose interest.

If 'MPP' doesn't suit your musical needs, then 'Dark Was the Night' will. A compilation album produced by Aaron and Bryce Dressner of the National, the profits from the record will benefit the Red Hot Organization. After hearing only a few tracks, I can personally guarantee you'll find a song on here that you love. Artists range from Yeasayer, to Grizzly Bear, to The Books (featuring Jose Gonzalez), to Arcade Fire and Beirut. Due for release February 17, I'll go out on a limb and say that this is the best compilation record ever.

Until next time...

No comments: